Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful Thursday

What a wonderful day we had! A few bumps along the road, but I am thankful that we were all able to get together.

I got to my parents around 11:30...Mom and Dad did an awesome job getting the house together. I helped preparing a few of the dishes for cooking. Around 12:00 my sister, BIl and the boys arrived. Dad brought Grandma over about 1:00...we have discovered a new way for her to get up the stairs, since that is such a struggle for her. BIL brought over one of his lounge chairs that they used last week. She sits in the chair and they carry her in that way.

Shortly after, my aunt and uncle showed up with all of their family. My poor uncle was in pain with kidney stones. I left around 2:00 to pick up Bill from work. When we got back, I discovered that my aunt and uncle left along with my cousin and her husband to take uncle to the ER. Heather and her hubby came back so they could enjoy the dinner w/us. My mom said a wonderful prayer that almost made me cry, I was choking back the tears.

We had tons of food, lots of fun!! My aunt and uncle came back later and while the stone was still there, he was feeling better because of good pain medicine. After dinner, we did pics with the whole family and then had dessert...there were 3 or 4 pies, strawberry pretzel salad AND birthday cake!

Wonderful day!

No comments: