Monday, September 06, 2004

Long overdue posting

For my one fan, who reads it. :-) Otherwise, this is for my own health...literally.

On August 12th, I went in to my doctor to get the results of my thyroid ultrasound. I've been feeling not-so good for awhile and I kept on my doctor stating that the medicine wasn't working. So, he ordered an ultrasound...and then he told me the worst part...it had grown and he needed to remove the right side of my thyroid. I had all these emotions going through my head, from just your simple outpatient procedure to not making it off the surgery table. Never been hospitalized made it even scarier.

the morning of the surgery, all i kept thinking was "don't throw up"...I was so nervous. I knew that once I had anthesthia, I wouldn't feel a thing and all would be well. I did everything I could not to bawl once I was wheeled away, kissing Bill good-bye. But I had to be strong, and know that everything would be ok.

Well, it was and it wasn't. As it turns out the doctor took out the entire thyroid, as it showed the thyroid as 70% cancerous. My first question was "do i need to have chemo?....I remember asking Bill that in recovery"...luckily I don't.

My recovery has gone so well, it's amazing. I find it hard to say "I'm a cancer survivor"...even though I am. I'm not even 27 and I can say that!


No comments: