Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I love those Ebay people!!!

Finally, something that worked out for the best!!

A few weeks ago, we received a notice in the mail that we had an account balance on our Ebay Account of $172. This was the first account we had used and we hadn't touched it since June of 2003 before me moved.

So, I contacted them asking why the balance was so high, because I didn't understand that. The rep emailed me back stating that the last payment was made in 6/03 and there was a remaining balance of 2.38...when they went to make the payment the next month, the bank returned it and they've been returning it ever since. When he told me this, I realized what had happened. Before all of this happened, we believe our car was broken in to...and we had our bank acct info in the car....so we decided to close that account and open another one. Well, before we closed it completely, we did have some payments that were going through, so the bank had to contact us and we had to approve the expense. Once all payments were put through, we did close the account. And low and behold...Ebay wasn't notified.

The response that I got back today was that Ebay will credit our account $170...so we just have to pay the remaining balance of 2.38. Truthfully, I was expecting them to say "Tough, we want our money"...so i was quite excited to read this!!!!!!

Just had to share!!!

No comments: