Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Prayer request


For all the flooding victims in Iowa and Illinois!

I spoke to my friend last week.  She and her family were all ok.  Her parents still live in Cedar Rapids, although they are pretty far west of town.  Lori lives further north, so they were not impacted.

My friend Marcy called me on Sunday and her parents were evacuating their house along the Rock River, as things were starting to get a little bit messy there.

The town were we have our campers is pretty much underwater.  The trailers themselves are fine...we are far back enough from the river, but the downtown is completely underwater.  The town just to the north of us where we go fishing is also in trouble.  There were 2 breaches in the levee on Saturday, so the entire downtown is in trouble again.  The record heights of the water have exceeded that of the Flood of 93.

I just hope that everyone is as safe as possible for now and that people don't have to suffer for too long!

No comments: