Monday, April 14, 2008

14 week doctor appointment

Had an appointment this morning...still not 100% sure why they wanted to see me, but that's ok. I thought that I was going in for the AFP screening as the doctor and I talked about. Turns out, they don't do that until 16 weeks. Anyways, I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time!!! :) That made the appointment that much better! I had seen it on the ultrasound at 8 & 12 weeks, but this was the first time to hear it. Going strong at 163.

I go back in 2 weeks for the blood test and they'll check my thyroid levels again, just to make sure everything is good.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Awww...congrats on hearing the heartbeat! I wanted to tell you -- take a trip to the Huntley outlet mall. Carter's is having a warehouse sale and everything is $3.99 or less. They had ADORABLE baby stuff and LOTS of it! Plenty of gender neutral stuff as well as boy/girl stuff too. :)

Jess said...

Glad that you got to hear the heartbeat! I loved that sound when I was pregnant. Towards the end when I was having NST's all the time, the sound of her heartbeat used to lull me to sleep while I laid there.