Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas to all my blogger friends!


I realize that it's the day after, but I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas, no matter how you spent it!  

Last week I was in a holiday funk.  We had some friends who are in the midst of a little bit of bad luck and it was difficult getting into the spirit of Christmas because of their current struggles.  Thursday and Friday, I finished up the last of my shopping and frankly, I'm ok with it.  I'm not a big shopper, who needs to start in June...that's just not me.  I make out a list and I am able to get it done in just a few hours.  

Saturday, we headed into the city to spend Christmas with my side of the family.  My BIL made awesome pizzas...YUM!  We opened up gifts with my parents, grandparents, sister and her family.  The kids were so excited about presents and were able to quickly tell which presents belong to them!  

Sunday, I had stopped by Grandma's to deliver her Christmas gift.   Later that evening, dh and I went out to the movies and saw National Treasure...GOOD!  After we got home, we finished wrapping Christmas gifts for the inlaws.

We got up on Christmas Eve and headed out to Plainfield...spent the afternoon with my inlaws, just relaxing and enjoying the peace and quiet!  Later in the evening, we went over to dh's aunt and uncle's house and had Christmas with them.   I drank a little too much (me like white russians!) and sang along with American Idol on playstation.  All in all, it was a fun night!

Yesterday, we woke up at Bill's parents and ate breakfast before heading downstairs for presents.  I got the game called Apples to Apples, a new flatware set, some CDs and DVDs, some gift cards!

I can't believe that it's over so fast.  This Friday, we have our last performance of our cantata and Saturday and Sunday will be birthday celebration weekend with Grandma and MIL!  Fun fun fun!!

No comments: