Thursday, November 01, 2007

By the Mighty Mississippi...


By the Mighty Mississippi, on a rocky shore!
Stands the School we love so dearly now and evermore.
Augustana, Augustana, We thy children as of old,
Sing thy praise in song unending to ole Augie's blue and gold.

Though the future years may part us,
still together now.
Faith and love to Augustana
Evermore we love!
Augustana, Augustana, We thy children as of old,
Sing thy praise in song unending to ole Augie's blue and gold.

I had an opportunity to head back to my alma mater for Homecoming this past weekend. Having not been back to campus since 2000, I was excited to go! My friend Marcy was having her 10 year reunion along with a few of our other friends as well. As soon as I got to campus, it was like I never left. The campus quad was full of vibrant color as the leaves had JUST started to turn. I was just mesmorized by the beautiful views!

Once I got there on Friday, I headed over to the technology building to meet up with my friend Kevin. I quickly realized how much I WAS OUT OF SHAPE!! LOL We talked and hung out for awhile and then made our way over to the College Center where I met up with Marcy. Marcy and I quickly felt our age...we didn't have cell phones when we were in college! And laptops...are you crazy? Afterwards, she and I headed out to hotel to check in and drop off our luggage. We went out for Chinese to our favorite hangout not too far from campus. Yea, it was still good :) Then we headed down to the district (downtown Rock Island) for the gathering at the "Blue Cat"...a local bar and grill. Marcy was buying me drinks for my birthday and I was well...drinking! Started off with a fuzzy navel and then had my FAVORITE drink...it was called "somebody's crazy momma with a banana up her butt"...honest to goodness. It has bailey's, kahlua, banana, and cream...kinda like a starbucks drink with alcohol...VERY VERY YUMMY!! :) Soon, we met up with Pat, Carrie, Jon and Elisa and began remembering all of the crazy stuff that we did while we were there. The nights of moonlight bowling with a trip to denny's afterward. The ZOO (zeta omega omega) boys and their midnight runs (sans clothes)...I never saw any of that. . We ended up staying there till almost midnight...but geez...we're old now! :) The formals and the parties that we went too. Going to formals and using the bathtub as your liquor cooler...which is all good until the labels peel off and you don't remember what's what....OOOOOOOPS!!! :)

More to come tomorrow...I need sleep!!!

No comments: